Monday, April 20, 2009

Term 2 - First Day Back

First day back and I have been doing lots of things!

Answered and replied to numerous emails about Studywiz. Did have some immediate feedback from parents that it has worked for. I have documented this feedback and printed a hard copy to my performance and development folder. I have just made a standard email proforma that I fill in with the individuals information that seems to be working well.

Studywiz Parent Details

To access your parent account on Hawthorn Secondary Studywiz type this address into your browser:

http://studywiz.hawthornsc.vic.edu.au/

Then choose the option Enter as Parent. Your loging details are:

Username: XXXXXX

Password: XXXXXX

Made contact with the Education Consultant at Electroboard who organize and sell interactive whiteboard training and products.I received a response back straight away.

Hi Marcus,

So good to hear from you. I was beginning to think XXXXXX had maybe forgotten about me.

As it is very early in the term my schedule is pretty free. Let me know what day would be good for you and your staff and we’ll go from there.

From what XXXXXX has told me I assume I’ll be running a beginners session?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers J.

Principal has asked me to complete documentation for Studywiz. I have started Teachers and Parents, and hope to have them all including Students finished by next week.

Also spoke to the Librarians about upgrading the ClickView system to their latest model. This is the description from the Clickview website:

Whether you forget to schedule a recording, hear about a great show that you missed, or see a relevant news and current affairs story at home, with ClickView 24-7, you never have to worry about missing a quality show.

By recording up to 6 channels of broadcasts for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ClickView 24-7 gives you a constant supply of digital television. A required show is simply extracted from ClickView 24-7 and made available on the ClickView Library Server.

With one 500GB hard disk drive per digital television channel, ClickView 24-7 features 3 Terabytes of storage capacity (equivalent to 640 DVDs). ClickView 24-7 gives you access to over 1000 hours of television recordings.

No comments: