Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday 26 May

The new 24/7 digital recording box came in last week. The technicians began to set it up and discovered it was only showing up 5 of it's 6 hard drives. I liased with the company this morning explaing that I wasn't comfortable opening up a "brand new" box, however she explained that I should and it may have just been from the shipping. Along with the Tech we opened it up, jiggled the right wires and it has seem to have worked.

The photography students needed to raise a little more money for their middle of the year exhibition so they held a sale of prints. I donated a few prints which sold. I didn't really get to stick around as I was upstairs fixing the box. I'm finding I'm being pulled in a few directions at the moment and it's hard to stay in one spot and focus.

I've orgaznied with the new web designer or talk and discuss the ins and outs of the hosting situation of the school website. He will hopefully be in on Monday to show the Principal, Vice Principal and myself. The idea is that a few people with permissions will be able to update the site via a content management system design. I'm really looking forward to it, my only concern is that sometimes CMS look "clunky" or "un-user friendly," so when I see the designs, or mock, hopefully this is not an issue I will have to talk to the designer about!

I am continuing to update the Staff Bulletin with ecurriculum news. The latest batch of links were from Boroondara Ultra Wiki. A place to find out about Ultranet as well as promote some of the great use of ICT in schools in the Boroondara Local Government Area.

All these, a dozen emails,Photographic Studio Class, and VET Multimedia till 8pm. Whataday!!!:D

No comments: